There are a multitude of reasons why we think that you should join the UCSF-SFGH residency program family and help make it a premiere EM program.
- Training in an environment with stellar academic resources within the EM department and the greater UCSF community
- Enthusiastic and nationally-prominent EM faculty, invested in education and mentorship (see UCSF EM Interest Group)
- Surrounded by top-tiered residency programs in all the other departments
- Amazing patient diversity and high acuity
- Ability to develop a niche (Area of Distinction) similar to a longitudinal mini-fellowship during your training to enhance your marketability after you graduate
- Work in the ED of a nationally renowned children's hospital (Children's Hospital of Oakland)
- Work in the busy ED at San Francisco General Hospital-- the only level-one trauma center in SF. See the "List of Fame":