UCSF and SFGH are on the leading edge of online and computer-assisted educational technology, specifically with procedural instruction. To view these videos you may be required update your browser with the latest Flash and Quicktime extensions.
Authored by Dr. Elizabeth Brown and Dr. David Duong, this module will help you approach the undifferentiated trauma patient. This module, which was created using Articulate, requires a Flash-capable computer with audio capability.
- Chapter 1: Equipment (1:54 min)
- Chapter 2: Anesthesia (3:09 min)
- Chapter 3: Irrigation (1:11 min)
- Chapter 4: Starting the Procedure (2:30 min)
- Chapter 5: Simple Interrupted (3:45 min)
- Chapter 6: Horizontal Mattress (3:11 min)
- Chapter 7: Vertical Mattress (1:10 min)
- Chapter 8: Corner Suture (1:30 min)
- Chapter 9: Buried Suture (1:51 min)
- Chapter 10: Dermabond (1:56 min)
- Chapter 11: Steristrips (0:39 min)
- Chapter 12: Staples (0:47 min)
- Part 1: Introduction to the EM Eye Exam (1:05 min)
- Part 2: Visual Acuity Exam (2:53 min)
- Part 3: Using a Slit Lamp (8:27 min)
- Part 4: Using a Tonometer (3:28 min)
- Part 5: Conclusion (0:41 min)
For more information about or trouble viewing the VIPER modules, please contact Dr. Michelle Lin.
* A Google video on recognizing the symptoms of flu and limiting the spread of pandemic flu
* Run time: 20 minutes
2. The UCSF Mini-Medical School 2008 series lectures featured UCSF Department of Emergency Medicine speakers. These talks were uploaded to YouTube by the University of California TV.